What is Google Adsense ?
Google adsense is one of the most popular ways to make money through online advertisements because it’s very easy to use, it’s owned and managed directly by Google. This generates revenue on either a per-click or per-impression basis.
Things to know before applying for an Adsense account
Before even applying for an adsense account there are a few things you should know:
- Understand how adsense works and also read adsense policies.
- Make sure that you have a content rich website that adheres to adsense policies. The website should have not been used previously for an adsense approval.
- Make sure that your domain is at least a couple of months old. If you are applying for an adsense account from the middle East, China, India or Pakistan you may need a domain that is at least 6 months old.
- Apply for adsense after your website receives at least 100 unique visitors per day. Rules have become more strict and it may be difficult to get accepted if you don’t have a decent amount of traffic.
- You need to have a Google account (such as gmail) to use with Adsense. No need to create a new account if you already have one.
- You are allowed to have only one personal adsense account. If your account is suspended for any reason you cannot create a new one.(in this case you should look for adsense alternatives).
- You cannot apply if you are not at least 18 years old.
How to earn money with Google
Until now, the AdSense approval process was simple: You create a new AdSense account, your account is reviewed, Adsense team accepts your application, and you can implement ads on your site and start making money.
But from now on, AdSense has changed the AdSense approval process and made this easy for new publishers. Here is the new account approval process:
- Ensure your website is compatible with AdSense
- Sign up for an AdSense account
- Login to your AdSense account
- Add the AdSense code
- Wait for 1-2 weeks for final review & approval
- Add the code on your blog and earn money online
Here is the process for AdSense approval
- Register for an AdSense account by going to AdSense.com. Provide all the correct information about your Name, Address, and Website URL.
- Login to AdSense account, create AdSense codes. Place the codes in your blog sidebar.
- Ads will shows as blank until the final approval process doesn’t finish. It may take up to 2 weeks for approval. Make sure you don’t remove the ads.
- After the final AdSense approval, you will get a confirmation email.
- Once your AdSense earning reaches $10, AdSense will mail you a PIN to your address.
- Login to your AdSense account, and enter the Pin once you receive it.
- Congrats you have completed all the steps. Once your account reaches $100, Google will send you or wire your earning. I recommend you to enable direct bank transfer for AdSense payments.
Though this will certainly help in domain ownership verification and moreover those who are signing up using someone else website, might find it tough to get into AdSense. If they still reject your account, it’s time to try out AdSense alternatives.
How to increase your chances of getting approved to Adsense
I already explained this above but to make it more clear, these 4 things are the most important for getting approved by Adsense.
- A website that is at least 6 months old
- A great website with unique and original content.
- A website with decent traffic.
- When you add the adsense ads the first time, make sure that you place the ads above the fold.
What to do if your Adsense Account are not approved
If you are not approved you should study carefully the email they have send you explaining the reasons of not accepting you into the program.
You can then go to the adsense forums and see what others have done that faced the same problems.
Read the adsense guidelines again and create a list of the things you need to correct, wait for a couple of weeks at least and apply again.
While there is no maximum number of attempts you can make to get accepted, don’t apply if you have not first taken corrective actions.
Have also mind that there is no way to contact the Adsense team directly and ask why your application was accepted other than the official adsense forums.
Is adsense the same as adwords?
I saw in the forums that some people get confused and they apply for adsense although what they really wanted was an adwords account.
Adsense is not the same as Adwords. Adsense is for web owners who want to show ads on their websites and adwords is for those who want to advertise their products on Google.
Final thoughts and conclusion
Getting approved for an adsense account is not difficult provided that you meet the criteria explained above.
Adsense is a great way to make money but always remember NOT to violate any of their guidelines for any reason.
Once you break the rules you are out of the program once and for all.
Play by the rules, try to get more organic traffic (converts better when it comes to adsense) and soon enough you will start seeing the benefits adsense has to offer to publishers.