Do you want to rank your local business in Google, Bing, Apple Maps, and other local search engines? You’re in the right place.
Local SEO is one of the most important tool for your business when it comes to digital marketing.
This page is a one-stop comprehensive resource for Local SEO and marketing. To have a concise idea of what exactly local SEO is its relevance in today’s world, and how it impacts businesses, read the full guide.
Does Your Business Need Help from a Local SEO?
If your business matches any of the below conditions, you need local search help.
- You own or work for a company who relies on local customers for sales and revenue
- You have a company with specific service areas: Neighborhoods, towns, cities, etc.
- You are a franchisor or franchisee
- You want more traffic, leads, and sales within specifically designated market areas (DMAs)
- You want to secure your business listings on online directories like Google My Business, Yelp, and the Better Business Bureau (BBB)
- You want your company to show up on maps and navigation apps or in Google’s local pack
- Your company has offices or provides services in more than one city or DMA, but does not offer products or services nation-wide
Here you will know:
- How to rank your business visibility organically in your local area.
- How to execute the key tactics and strategies required to succeed in local search.
- How to build NAP citations.
- How to optimize your GMB profile and many more topics.
Let’s get started.
What is Local SEO?
Local SEO (local search engine optimization) is a series of actions and strategies designed to improve your visibility on Google and other search engines when people close to your physical location perform a search or when a search includes a specific location.
Local SEO (local search engine optimization) is a step by step activities and methodologies performed to improve your visibility on Google and other search engines when individuals near your actual area performs an inquiry or when a search page includes a particular area.
In other words, Local SEO is the process of optimizing a website in order to increase visibility and traffic which can convert into leads through brand awareness in local search area.
Some of the common tasks associated with local SEO include finding local keywords, optimizing a business’s Google My Business profile, and building “NAP” citations.
If we talk about SEO, this is just another name for the tactics that improve sales through building online visibility.
For example, if you want to search ‘best pizza Delhi’ or ‘Pizza near me’. Local SEO helps search engine to filter best pizza stores in Delhi through different tactics. These can be map, NAP, GMB etc.
For ‘Pizza near me’ searches, Google picks up the geo-location of the person and provides search results from that area.
Similarly, anyone is looking for particular city, state, zip code, service area etc.
We’ll be going through each of these tactics and more in this guide.
FIND YOUR LOCAL SEARCH TOOL (https://www.brightlocal.com/local-search-results-checker/ )
What is the Difference between SEO and Local SEO?
Both traditional SEO and local SEO focus on improving your rankings in online search results so more people can find, contact, and purchase from your business.
Traditional SEO focuses on improving your site’s visibility on a national or global scale.
In short, Local search engine optimization is a subsection of traditional SEO. Local SEO focuses on the geographical components of search to help you connect with searchers in your area.
SEO and local SEO use many of the same strategies. However, local SEO solutions employ specialized measures to help you connect with searchers in your area.
Local SEO takes into account where your business is located in the world and the areas your business serves, and looks specifically toward driving LOCAL AREA customers and clients to your business through your contact information (which includes your website, but it’s not necessarily only your website).
Why is your need local SEO for your business?
According to Google, nearly half of its searches now feature some kind of local intent. In fact, 46 to 56 percent of all their searches on their platform are for folks looking for a local business of their need. This number is also going up.
Also, SearchEngineWatch found that 65 to 70% of mobile users click to call a business directly from Google search results using their mobile phones.
Now in 21st century, many consumers are using search engines to research local business which indicates the referrals happening by word of mouth are not what they once were.
If you are the owner of a local business and have a business with a brick-and-mortar store, or one that provides a service in a certain service area, then you are missing out on free traffic that could be coming to your physical location.
The free traffic could be obtained through optimizing your online visibility to searchers in your local area, using local SEO tactics.
Since leads are from people who are specifically searching for products or services that your business offers, it is safe to assume that these are qualified leads that will definitely have a higher conversion rate as well.
What is a local search?
A local search occurs when a person enters a query into Google with local intent.
For example, ‘pizza store near me’, ‘pizza Delhi’ or, if their geolocation is available to Google, just ‘pizza store’.
This is a local search, complete with 3-pack local search results below:
This include the local map pack, localized organic results, and even rich results features.
Do you know how local search works?
If we go for keyword finder search we can find as below-
Don’t be panic.
Everything will be sliced so that you can understand it.
When you search for “pizza near me” in search you find out stores in your specific area where you are.
Do you know how Google find these search and displays you?
Here Google very cleverly uses your GPS location, and provide you with more relevant search results. This you can find by scrolling below.
The results for these local queries are based on a few key local ranking factors, all of which we’ll be covering in this guide.
Important facts for typical search queries with local intent include the following modifiers:
- [term] + city
- [term] + near me
- [term] + closest to me
How Local SEO Services Help Your Business Grow
There are a few distinct benefits of hiring an SEO company for local SEO services:
- It increases online visibility for local consumers – 97% of people go online to find local services, and 95% of them won’t go past the first page of the search results. Local search engine optimization works to increase your page rankings, therefore increasing your online visibility.
- It increases web traffic, leads, and sales from local visitors – If you’re a local company, getting web visits and leads from users in a different city, state, or country won’t do anything to build your business. With localized SEO, you increase traffic from consumers in your specific service areas, which means you’ll get a higher visit-to-sale rate.
- It provides more targeted geographic campaigns – Modern consumers expect hyper-personalized online experiences. With localized SEO, you can target campaigns to extremely small, localized groups of people.
- It makes you stand out from your competitors – Fewer than 50% of businesses currently use local SEO services. What that means for you is a big opportunity to get ahead and stand out in directories, maps, local searches, and social media.